Mrs. United States Ambassador and Her Tiny Creations

"I've always loved tiny things, collectibles, figurines, tiny dolls etc my entire life. I was born 2 months early and this is how I got my name 'Tina' I was 'Tiny Tina' from the day I was born," writes  Tina Bartlett Mitchell, owner and founder of TinyTinaCreations. Tina Mitchell began life quite tiny—just over three pounds. She would later become obsessed with the smallness of things. Her mother remembered her toddler’s fascination with the undersized, how she would crawl around the floor, examining what no one else could see—“the tinier the better,” according to Mitchell.

When I was in 4th grade a friend of my sister brought over some polymer clay that she made beads with, I grabbed a hold of some of it and started molding away! The very first thing I ever made was a little puppy. I have been making little tiny things ever since. You name it, I've tried to sculpt it! I made a lot more of these in 4th grade .I would glue magnets on the back of them and go around the neighborhood selling them. It makes me wonder who still has those magnets on there refrigerators! Among other talents this is the one I think might be most unique.  I love to share what I do, it makes me smile to create and I know it makes others smile too. It is very hard to capture just how tiny these little sculptures are. I compared them to the size of a dime in photo’s ... but somehow still, they look bigger in the photo’s.

Tiny Tina was featured in an article by Kevin Morris on The Daily Dot.
Born two months premature, and now 32, Mitchell is a mother of three, a motivational speaker, and life coach, and the current Mrs. U.S. Ambassador 2013. She teaches health and wellness via natural medicine. 

Tina teaches a few times a month at the womens correctional facility in her city.
On sale now. Support Tina: Mrs. U.S. Ambassdor

But she hasn’t forgotten her micro-sized past. Instead, Mitchell has created one of the quirkiest and entertaining stores on Etsy’s massive handcrafting marketplace: TinyTinaCreations, a commercial temple to the miniature.

These aren’t garden-variety miniatures. We’re talking really small. Her “tiny fancy decorated cake” isn’t much bigger than a dime. 

These nativity scenes (pictured at left) are a are available for sale now.  All funds go toward supporting Tina as Mrs. U.S. Ambassdor this year.

Just go to www.tinytinacreations.etsy.com.






Comments