Product Review: Mass Media- Ematic Tablet

The following is one in a series of product reviews written by Treasure Valley residents, exclusively for this discussion. 


Our Treasure Valley Business Reviewer wrote:

As we all know, Black Friday is a huge example of Mass media and buying the oh so ever popular gifts in time for Christmas at the right price, right?  This is what I did last year with an Ematic EGS004-BL 7.0-Inch 4GB Genesis Prime MultiTouch Tablet (Black) for my nine year old son.  In fact not only did I buy one, I told my sister about it and she bought one for her ten year older Daughter as well.

This Tablet cost $89.00 and for that price, I was sold.  I bought this product from Walmart online during their Cyber Monday sale.  I think the one positive note was that I didn't have to fight the crowds, which was nice!  The transaction went smooth and the Tablet would soon be on it's way. 

When the product arrived , I was curious to try it out and get it Christmas morning ready for my son. So, I opened it up and turned it on, and started navigating pretty quickly on it.  I thought I made a great choice....until I couldn't get it to download any of the App that said were available.  Now, I did my homework I thought, read the reviews, was excited about the price, why so much trouble?

We finally got it to work, after calling the manufacturer. We downloaded games, it worked but the touch screen wouldn't work unless you pushed hard.  This was VERY annoying to me, let alone a nine year old.  I wish I would have paid more attention to detail when it came to what all could be accomplished on this tablet.  We found out pretty quick that most of the popular games kids were playing couldn't be uploaded. 

Now that Christmas is here again and I am looking for the best deals, I am way more careful to look into the details.  Not just go with the hype of Black Friday and what is cheapest.  I will say that mass media plays an important role.  It is important to  know what is out there and what people have reviewed about products.  I have decided to be smart and pay for my products wisely this year.  I think what I will take most from this experience is that you get what you pay for!

Comments